Training Services FSSC 22000 v4.1/ISO 22000:2018 – Food Safety Management Systems – Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course
FSSC 22000 v4.1/ISO 22000:2018 auditor/lead auditor training for food safety management systems – learn how to conduct first, second and third party audits of food safety management systems based on ISO 22000:2018 and FSSC 22000 v4.1.
This course will provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third party audits of food safety management systems against FSSC 22000, in accordance with ISO 19011, ISO/TS 22003 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
Upon completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the purpose and business benefits of a food safety management system, food safety management systems standards, management system audits and third party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor in conducting, reporting and following up a food safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011, ISO/TS 22003 and ISO/IEC 17021, where appropriate
- Interpret the requirements of FSSC 22000 (ISO 22000, ISO/TS 22002-1 and additional requirements) in the context of an FSSC audit
- Determine how effectively an organization manages risk through its food safety assessment program
- Understand how capable an organization is of maintaining and exceeding compliance with legislative requirements
- Determine the adequacy of an organization’s emergency preparedness and response procedures
- Understand how to implement operational risk control, monitoring and measurement
- Understand how to continuously improve food safety management performance
This course is a Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) and International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) certificated training course: 2046-PR 360 and approved by FSSC 22000.
Learners who pass both the examination and continuous assessment will be issued a certificate of achievement that satisfies the formal training requirement for an individual seeking certification as a CQI/IRCA auditor/lead auditor. The certificate of achievement is valid for a period of five years from the date of the last day of the course for the purpose of certifying as an auditor/lead auditor with the CQI/IRCA.
Learners who do not pass the continuous assessment and have been in attendance for the full duration of the course will be issued a certificate of attendance.
Before starting this course, learners must have knowledge of the following food safety management principles and concepts:
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review and continual improvement
- Principles of food safety management, including prerequisite programs as specified in ISO/TS 22002 (all parts) and HACCP
- The interrelationship between food safety management, the provision of safe food products to prevent or minimize adverse effects on human health and the proactive improvement of food safety performance
- Relevant national and local food safety management legislation and requirements, and common examples
- The requirements of FSSC 22000 or an acceptable equivalent, and the commonly used food safety management terms and definitions given in ISO 22000. This knowledge may be gained by completing a CQI/IRCA 22000:2018 food safety management systems training course or the equivalent
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience to provide effective learning and development opportunities. Our courses are delivered by specialists who will support you on your professional journey.
Contact us to find out more about our FSSC 22000 v4.1/ISO 22000:2018 auditor/lead auditor training course.