Hardware development - Safety-oriented hardware development and methodical approach to safety analysis (A4)
From: 13. Dec 2015
To: 13. Dec 2015
Munich, Bavaria, Germany
The training will be conducted in English
490 Euro (plus VAT)
Contact us to enquire about this session
From general requirements to specific fields of application, our training courses help organizations to minimize risk by ensuring personnel are appropriately trained, to reduce the likelihood of product liability claims.
Our training modules are tailored to meet your needs. We deliver the broadest range of training opportunities, from short introductory sessions devised for decision makers, to modules designed for hardware and software developers, as well as in-depth training weeks culminating in personal qualification exams.
In addition, we can develop tailored courses and workshops to meet you organizational needs. Let us design a bespoke solution that caters to your specific topics of interest that will benefit your day-to-day operations.
Contact SGS today to book functional safety training.
Safety-oriented hardware development and methodical approach to safety analysis
This module does not focus on hardware development itself but on the verification of the hardware concept which is carried out using mathematical models. A practical example is used to present and practice the probabilistic demonstration of safety. Furthermore different analytical methods are discussed.
- Hardware safety requirements and their derivation from the system concept
- Determination of the required failure rates at component level and their adaptation to operating conditions
- Demonstration of the required Safe Failure Fraction (SFF) and the absolute failure rate/probability (PFH/PFD)
- Overview of the most commonly used analytical methods in Functional Safety
- Benefits of analytics for Functional Safety
- Various analytical methods and their advantages and disadvantages
- Adaptation proposals for possibly existing analytical methods
Safety managers, hardware developers