Industrial Manufacturing Rail Testing Services
Rail testing services from SGS – ensure the quality, performance and robustness of railway materials, components and systems, and comply with applicable regulations.
Businesses and organizations within the railway industry depend on the proper functioning and durability of a wide variety of products and components. We offer comprehensive rail testing services to help you ensure safety, efficient performance, durability and compliance with applicable regulations, standards and client specifications.
Why choose rail testing services from SGS?
Our rail testing services include test execution, analysis and reporting, and consulting services. We can help you:
- Obtain accurate test results for material properties, design robustness, product safety and manufacturing quality
- Reduce the risk of damage, insufficient performance and failure
- Ensure the safety, quality and performance of interior and exterior rolling stock components, including painted products, textiles, plastics, rubbers, adhesives, metals and electronic components
- Access a range of unique solutions, including bespoke tests
- Provide lab services throughout the project lifecycle, including failure analysis during research and development or after operational incidents
Unmatched experience in industrial testing services
With our worldwide network of 150 laboratories, strategically located on all continents, we are a leading provider of testing services for rail operators across the globe.
Our qualified engineers and technicians test railway products and components according to local and international standards (NF, IN, ISO, ASTM, DIN and SNCF) and your own specifications.
We perform our rail testing services in ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratories adapted for rail specific applications. For example, we have large environmental testing chambers and an EMC chamber for full rolling stock.
Our rail testing services include:
- Mechanical testing
- Metallurgical testing
- Environmental and corrosion testing
- Testing of polymers and composite materials
- Testing of electrical and electronic equipment
- Testing of electromagnetic compatibility
- Fluid resistance tests on dry paint coating
- Testing of rubber cover floor
- Testing of fabrics and textile products
- Testing of thermosetting plastics with fiber reinforcement
- Non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Metrology and calibration
We also offer outsourcing services and can manage laboratories on your site, with our own staff.
Contact us today to find out how our rail testing services can help you ensure your railway products and components are safe, perform effectively and fulfill regulatory requirements.