Environment VDI 2047 Testing and Inspection for Recooler Systems
VDI 2047 testing and inspection for recooler systems from SGS – ensure your recooler systems and cooling towers meet VDI 2047 “Hygiene in Open Recooler Systems” requirements.
When it comes to recooling systems, dangers can arise if bacteria multiply in the system and are then discharged into the environment, potentially spreading germs such as Legionella or Pseudomonas. The German VDI 2047 “Hygiene in Open Recooler Systems” series of standards sets the hygienic requirements for recooler systems and evaporative cooling systems. We can help you meet the requirements with expert reports, risk analysis and external inspection in accordance with VDI 2047.
Why choose VDI 2047 testing and inspection from SGS?
We can help you:
- Gain independent inspection and testing for recooling systems, cooling towers and other evaporative cooling systems
- Ensure your systems comply with the hygiene regulations in VDI 2047 concerning the inspection of recooler systems
- Determine when and how often you should have your systems inspected and tested
- Establish the total viable count on the cooling water and aerosols with effective microbiological analyses
- Avoid the danger of pathogens, such as those that cause Legionnaires’ disease, multiplying in your cooling tower and putting people at risk
- Analyse and evaluate risks in line with the risk assessment requirement stipulated in VDI 2047
- Develop effective solutions if your system does not comply with VDI 2047 regulations
Ensure your recooler systems are safe and compliant with VDI 2047
Our expertise in Germany includes risk assessments by SGS-TÜV Saar combined with analyses by SGS Institut Fresenius, enabling us to offer you multidisciplinary experience combined with tests and expert reports – all in accordance with “VDI 2047 Part 2 Open recooler systems – Securing hygienically sound operation of evaporative cooling systems (VDI Cooling Tower Code of Practice)”.
As a commissioned service provider, we are able to analyse samples from your cooling tower in a laboratory and can also conduct the risk assessment. Our experts will support you through every step of the process – from the initial assessment through to the inspection. Plus, as well as ensuring that your cooling plant is operated in compliance with regulations and fulfils the requirements of VDI 2047, we can also support you in other areas, such as compliance with the following German regulations:
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (Arbeitsschutzgesetz)
- Biological Agents Ordinance (Biostoffverordnung)
- Drinking Water Ordinance (Trinkwasserverordnung)
- Industrial Safety and Health Ordinance (Betriebssicherheitsverordnung)
To ensure your recooling systems are fully compliant with VDI 2047, contact us today.