SafeGuards – Regulatory Updates
SafeGuardS is our technical bulletin highlighting new product standards, regulations and test methods, written by SGS experts.
The complete library of technical bulletins is available here. You can search for specific topics or filter by market segment or region.
Subscribers receive weekly email alerts on new SafeGuardS. They also receive our Product Recalls publication, compiling consumer product recalls notified in the EU, US and Australia.
EU – ECHA Started Second 2020 SVHC Consultation on Two Proposals
28. Sep 2020 Hardgoods, Toys and Juvenile Products, Softlines, Electrical and Electronics, Electrical Medical Devices
On September 1, 2020, ECHA launched the second 2020 public consultation on two potential SVHCs. The Candidate List will expand to 211 if these proposals are accepted.
Vermont, USA, Publishes Guidance for CHCC in Children’s Products Rule
23. Sep 2020 Toys and Juvenile Products, Softlines, Hardgoods, Food, Cosmetics, Personal Care and Household
The US state of Vermont has recently published its latest chemical disclosure guidance for manufacturers which details the reporting dates and clarifies how formaldehyde donor concentrations are to be reported.
Vermont, USA, Issues Latest CHCC in Children’s Products Rule
09. Sep 2020 Toys and Juvenile Products, Softlines, Hardgoods, Cosmetics, Personal Care and Household
The US state of Vermont has recently released its latest edition of chemicals of high concern in children’s products rule. This latest edition became effective on September 1, 2020.
EU Proposes Limit for PCP Under POP Recast
09. Sep 2020 Toys and Juvenile Products, Softlines, Hardgoods, Cosmetics, Personal Care and Household, Electrical and Electronics
The European Commission has published a draft Regulation to set a limit for PCP, its salts and esters, under the POP Recast Regulation. The draft law is proposed to be adopted in Q4 of 2020.
US EPA Issues Amended SNUR for LCPFAC and Perfluoroalkyl Sulfonate Chemicals
09. Sep 2020 Hardgoods, Toys and Juvenile Products, Softlines, Electrical Medical Devices, Electrical and Electronics
Final significant new use rules (SNURs) for long-chain perfluoroalkyl carboxylate (LCPFAC) and perfluoroalkyl sulfonate chemicals have been published by the US EPA. These will become effective on September 25, 2020.