Consumer Goods and Retail Product Sustainability and Procurement Services
Product sustainability and procurement services from SGS – expand your range of environmentally responsible and sustainable products with our practical approach to ecodesign.
Products promoted for their environmental, social and sustainability credentials are more competitive, but with multiple data sources to collate and assess it is increasingly difficult to differentiate and choose the way forward.
We have developed an innovative ecodesign methodology, called Green Forward, which consolidates disparate data on hygiene, health, nutrition, quality and resources to speed-up your product’s route to market, by delivering turnkey solutions for:
- Environmental product declarations (EPD)
- Sustainable design and procurement
- Risk-free environmental communication
Environmental product declaration
Environmental declarations help you demonstrate the environmental and sanitary impacts of products in a way that conforms to international standards (ISOs 14025, 14040 and 14044). There are four main formats for declarations:
- Product Environmental profile (PEP Ecopassport) for HVAC, electric and electrical products
- Compliance with the EN 15804 standard for construction material
- Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) for all kinds of products, including construction materials
- Product Environmental Footprint (to anticipate potential requirements)
Sustainable design and procurement
Improve design choices, consider client expectations and/or implement sustainable requirements into purchasing practices with our sustainable design and procurement services. In addition to the traditional carbon and sustainability aspects, we can help you to meet the new challenges presented by hygiene, health, nutrition, quality, resources and integrate them into a product’s design and procurement phases.
In addition to our Green Forward methodology, we offer complementary services to support efforts to reduce products’ environmental impact:
ISO 14040 and ISO 14044 life cycle assessment
Use life cycle assessment (LCA) against the leading standards, ISO 14040 and ISO 14044, to better understand the impact products have on the environment, as well as to demonstrate the benefits of a product to customers and NGOs. We compare a product’s full range of environmental impacts, including raw material production, manufacturing, distribution, use and disposal to help you improve its overall environmental performance.
ISO 14067 product carbon footprint
Minimize your carbon footprint to the advantage of your company and the environment. Product carbon footprint calculation, in accordance with ISO 14067, aids compliance with carbon emission regulations, inspires trust in your business and develops client confidence in your products. Our carbon footprint consulting service enables you to calculate your footprint and provides you with the data you need to improve your service and demonstrate environmental commitment. On completion, we can also offer three carbon footprint marks: Product Carbon Footprint Mark, Product Carbon Reduction Mark, and Product Carbon Neutral Mark.
Why choose product sustainability and procurement services from SGS?
Our approach is not only innovative, but also:
- Robust: using existing tools with information collected from the field
- Intelligible: translating complex environmental data into an understandable language to buyers, communication managers, R&S engineers and your clients.
- Practical: providing concrete advice about how to buy, design and promote in a responsible manner
Contact us for a quick assessment of your situation and the best options to improve the sustainability of your products.