Consumer Goods and Retail US Detergents Regulations
SGS supports compliance to US detergents regulations at every stage of the development and production process.
Manufacturers must ensure the correct classification, labeling and packaging of detergents before placing them on the market within the US. Our services can help you to ensure the quality, safety, efficacy and regulatory compliance of your products.
In the US detergent products are regulated by several regulations and regulatory bodies:
- Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA)
- Consumer Product Safety Act (CPSC)
- The “General Consumer Product Regulation” from California Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Washington State Law RCW 70.95L.020
- Poison Prevention Packaging Act (PPPA)
- 16 CFR Part 500 & FHSA
- Administration and Enforcement Regulations in Title 15 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 1500, NYS Environmental Conservation Part 669
- Green Seal Label
- Air fresheners: sprays, aerosols, in-car
- Dishwashing Products: hand/automatic, dishwashing additives
- Laundry Care: laundry detergents (hand wash/automatic), fabric softeners, carpet cleaners
- Laundry aids: spot and stain removers, anti-dye transfer sheets, color safe laundry bleach, curtain care, starch/ironing aids
- Surface care products
- Toilet care products
- Home insecticides
At any stage of the development and production process, our detergent and household product experts can devise a program of activity, including one, some or all of the following:
- Product testing
- Claim support/performance testing
- Packaging testing
- Consultancy services
- Audits & inspections
Our laboratories and field operations offer tailor-made solutions to meet your chemical, physical, microbiological, ecotoxicological and claim support needs.
Employ SGS to fulfill all your testing, certification, technical assistance, audit, inspection and verification needs. Contact your local office for more details.