Chemical ISO 22000:2018 Certification
Meet food safety standards through ISO 22000:2018 certification with SGS.
ISO 22000:2018 certification covers all the processes in the food chain that impact the safety of the end product. The standard specifies the requirements for a comprehensive food safety management system, as well as incorporating the elements of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
ISO 22000:2018 creates a single food safety standard that harmonizes the various national standards into one easy-to-understand set of requirements that are simple to apply and recognized around the world. This internationally recognized food safety standard can be used by all organizations in the food supply chain from farming to food services, processing, transportation and storage through packaging to retail.
Our ISO 22000:2018 certification service helps you to demonstrate your commitment to food safety. Whether you hold an existing ISO 22000 certificate and wish to transition, or you are new to certification and want to understand the benefits to your business, we can support you with everything from audits to implementation and training.
Why choose ISO 22000:2018 certification from SGS?
Our experienced, trained and competent auditors will assess your organization against ISO 22000:2018 food safety management system requirements. Gaining ISO 22000:2018 certification helps your organization to:
- Confirm your organization’s commitment to food safety
- Sell your products through the food supply chain more easily
- Improve your competitive position by demonstrating your compliance to food safety standards
- Control and reduce food safety hazards
The ISO 22000:2018 standard: what is new?
The update to ISO 22000:2018 was published on June 19, 2018, implementing a number of significant changes. These include:
- Simpler integration: alignment with the Higher Level Structure (HLS) convention, required for all new or amended standards, allows greater integration between different ISO standards. This makes adding ISO 22000:2018 to an existing ISO based management system far simpler
- Easier to understand: there has been a complete review of the requirements of the standard, giving additional clarity by redefining concepts such as PRP and oPRP to enable a simpler understanding and implementation
- Greater alignment with Codex HACCP: to ensure that implementation follows the Codex methodology, the requirements now closely follow the Codex steps, so development of the HACCP is now embedded within the standard
- Simpler implementation: specific documented information identified within the standard, enables you to produce a set of documents that will comply with the ISO 22000:2018
- Clarification of PDCA: ISO 22000:2018 clarifies the application of the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) cycle so organizations can ensure processes are adequately resourced and managed and that opportunities for improvement are acted on. The revision adopts two inter-related PDCA cycles, the food safety management system and the product production/service delivery PDCA, based around the Codex HACCP principles
- A new approach to risk: traditionally the standard only considered the risk posed by the product to the final consumer by applying the Codex HACCP principles. In the new revision, Codex HACCP is still required, but this will be supplemented by an organizational consideration of risk
- Simplified clause structure: the update allows a more linear approach to implementation as it follows a step-by-step process
When should you transition?
ISO 22000:2005 will expire in June 2021. In order to remain certified to the standard it will be necessary to make the transition to ISO 22000:2018 before June 29, 2021.
A Trusted ISO 22000:2018 Service from a World Leading Provider
As a world leader in certification, testing, inspection and verification services, we offer you unrivaled experience and expertise in ISO 22000 requirements. Our global presence and harmonized approach give you access to the largest independent network of auditors in the world.
To discuss your ISO 22000:2018 requirements, contact us today.
Do you have training needs for this topic? Have a look at our SGS Academy web shop for the right offer. You can find out about all the topics and courses, and book directly online, at www.sgs-training.de.