Agriculture and Food FSMA VQIP Certification
FSMA Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP) Certification from SGS helps you comply with the requirement for third-party certification of foreign suppliers.
The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) VQIP is a US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accredited third-party certification program. Foreign suppliers may apply for FSMA VQIP certification, which is a prerequisite for importers applying for expedited entry of food under the VQIP program.
We have been accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to certify foreign food suppliers under the FDA’s third-party accredited certification program for FSMA.
Why choose SGS FSMA VQIP certification?
FSMA VQIP certification helps you to:
- Demonstrate compliance with the third-party accredited certification requirements of foreign suppliers – a prerequisite for US importers pursuing the VQIP application process
- Apply for FSMA certification as a foreign (non-US) supplier
We offer a range of services to help foreign suppliers prepare for certification, including:
- Training your employees to help them gain the competencies required by FSMA regulations
- Product testing, environmental monitoring, label reviews and other technical services to assure compliance with US regulations
FSMA VQIP certification can be granted following an unannounced regulatory audit. Annual certification is required.
A world-leading certification provider
As a world-leading provider of verification and certification services, we are an accredited third-party certification body, meeting the applicable requirements of 21 CFR part 1, sub-part M. We are accredited to conduct food safety audits and issue facility certifications to eligible entities.
VQIP certification is:
- Issued for the purposes of the FSMA third-party accredited certification rule, attesting that a facility complies with the applicable food safety requirements of the FD&C Act and FDA regulations
- Also used when mandated by FDA for certain food facilities in specific countries or supplier sites based on FDA’s risk evaluation
- Applicable to all food categories regulated by FDA, including categories that are not covered by the Preventive Controls rules, such as seafood, juices, etc.
To find out more about how we can help you prepare for VQIP certification, contact us today.